Chapter 1 General Provisions
To further advance the education for foreign students in Beijing Dance Academy (BDA), encourage and bolster higher-level, excellent foreign students to learn at BDA, and enhance the management and utilization efficiency of the “Beijing Foreign Student Scholarship” (hereinafter referred to as the “scholarship”) of BDA, the following measures for implementing the project have been formulated in accordance with the Interim Procedures for the Management of the Beijing Foreign Student Scholarship and the Measures for Implementing the Beijing Foreign Student Scholarship.
Chapter 2 Scholarship Regulatory Agency and Its Functions
The BDA scholarship is granted by Beijing municipal government to the foreign students learning or planning to learn in Beijing. The BDA scholarship panel (hereinafter referred to as the “panel”), composed of the leaders of the academy in charge of foreign affairs and the principals in charge of the International Office, the Office of Academic Affairs, the Student Department and the Graduate Division, is responsible for coordinating, directing and supervising this project. The BDA International Office is the daily management organization taking charge of the planning, management and implementation of this scholarship project.
The BDA scholarship is organized and implemented according to the project and implements the project leader system. The project leader is the BDA leader in charge of foreign affairs and that in charge of the International Office is responsible for the specific implementation of the project.
Chapter 3 Objects and Limits of Scholarship Subsidies
1. Objects and Limits
(1) A period of generally no more than 4 years for excellent foreign students studying for a degree;
(2) A period of no more than 1 academic year for foreign students learning Chinese language and literature or senior scholar students;
(3) A period of no more than 1 academic year for excellent foreign students and scholars for research and studies;
(4) A period of no more than 1 academic year for foreign students conducting interschool exchanges or delivering special contributions;
(5) A period of no more than 1 academic year for excellent students generally studying for at least 1 term as recommended by the universities and organizations in cooperation or enrolled in support of the foreign policy of the state or for the sake of the national strategy
2. Limits of Scholarship
The scholarship is only to subsidize tuition in principle. According to the standard for tuition of the BDA students of different orientations of the current year, the subsidies can be divided into full amount tuition scholarship and half amount tuition scholarship.
Chapter 4 Application for the Scholarship
1. Eligibilities for Application
(1) The applicant must be a healthy citizen without a Chinese nationality;
(2) Requirements for the Education Background and the Age of the Applicant
1) The foreign students applying for a bachelor’s degree should have at least graduated from a senior high school, generally no more than 30 years old in principle; those applying for a master’s degree should have at least a bachelor’s degree, generally no more than 35 years old in principle; those applying for a doctor’s degree must have at least a master’s degree, generally no more than 40 years old in principle.
2) The foreign applicant for advanced studies must have at least graduated from a senior high school, generally no more than 40 years old in principle.
3) The foreign applicant applying to be a visiting scholar should have at least a master’s degree or at least a title of associate professor, and no more than 50 years old in principle.
(3) The foreign applicant should meet the following requirements concurrently:
1) The applicant should meet the conditions and requirements of BDA for enrolling foreign students for corresponding learning levels and specialties (See Guideline For International Students of Beijing Dance Academy for details).
2) The applicant should not fail in any major compulsory course (or can apply after making up the course);
3) The applicant should not have been punished by the department or university;
4) The applicant should not violate the Chinese laws or be punished by the judicial department or public security organs;
5) The applicant should have an excellent performance in the entrance examination or receive good appraisals from the teachers for his/her attending class on time, diligent study and high grades during the study.
(4) The foreign students enjoying the Chinese government scholarship or the rewards and subsidies of other organizations should not enjoy the “scholarship”.
2. Applying Procedures
(1) Procedures for Foreign Students Planning to Apply for Learning in BDA
The applicant should download the Application Form of Beijing Dance Academy for the Beijing Foreign Student Scholarship (for the Foreign Students Planning to Study in BDA) from the official website of BDA, fill in the form and submit it to the International Office together with the enrollment application documents within the required time for application.
(2) Application Procedures for Enrolled Students
The applicant should download the Application Form of Beijing Dance Academy for the Beijing Foreign Student Scholarship (for Enrolled Students of BDA) from the official website of BDA, fill in the form and submit it to the International Office together with other documents concerned within the required time (generally each May) for application.
Chapter 5 Scholarship Appraisal
The scholarship appraisal should be conducted on the principle of openness, fairness and impartiality and on a selective basis.
(1) Primary Review
The International Office primarily reviews the scholarship application documents. The application with the conditions or documents not up to specifications and requirements should be deemed as invalid. The International Office should transfer the qualified documents to the department concerned for comments.
(2) Department Evaluation
The department should set up a foreign student scholarship application evaluation group to review the application documents and report the feedback to the International Office in the written form. The International Office should make a proposed list of the scholarship winners according to the feedback of the department.
(3) Examination, Approval and Publicity by BDA
The panel reviews the proposed list before each July (included) and reports it to the BDA authority for approval. The BDA authority should publicize the approved list to the BDA faculties and students.
After the notification of the list, if no dissent arises, the scholarship winners should be notified in the written form before each July and reported to the superior department in charge within the required time.
Chapter 6 Grant of the Scholarship
According to the sort of scholarship, the BDA authority should deduct the tuition directly from the scholarship and the winners of half amount scholarship should pay the balance on time.
The foreign students failing to register for some reasons should ask the BDA authority for leave. Those failing to register without the approval of the BDA authority will be treated as waiver and their qualification for the scholarship will be automatically cancelled.
If the scholarship winners apply for temporary absence from school, suspension of schooling or dropout during their study, the BDA authority will stop granting the scholarship.
If the scholarship winners violate Chinese laws, school disciplines or regulations regarding the scholarship during their study, the BDA authority will cancel their qualification for the scholarship.
Chapter 7 Scholarship Expenditure and Management
The scholarship expenditure is the fund allocated by Beijing municipal government. The BDA Finance Office will set up a separate account, make separate business accounting, earmark it for its specified purpose and accept the review and supervision of the related department of Beijing municipal government.
The project responsibility system should be implemented for the scholarship and the International Office is responsible for the specific work on planning, declaration and summary concerned.
Chapter 8 Supplementary Provisions
The application documents and other school roll documents of the scholarship winners should be included in their archives.
The measures will be put into effect upon announcement.
January 8, 2016